A challenge: Destination 01

• 4 replies

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
A challenge: Destination 01
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:00:29 AM »
I used the tables in the incursion book to generate a destination.  The following it what it generated.
So here is the challenge.  Take this, and come up with a NavCube destination.  Or, barring that, come up with some additional tables that would help a GM flesh this out.

Code: [Select]
Atmosphere Mix Is Close To Breathable, And Is Hot.
Surface Is Made Up Of One Mass With Non-Active Geology And 1 Landing Zone(S).
Life Is Frantic With Fair Bio-Compatability.
Near Intelligent Life Forms, Who Are An Uplifted Race Located In Urban Areas.
Their Development Is Early Tech And They Are Comfortable With Aliens.
They Have Knowledge Of The Anshani.
They Have Multiple Government, Generally Ruled By High Council.  The Level Of Law Is  Slight.
Technology Available:  Food[Agriculture] Metals[Soft Metals] Ceramics[Refined Glass, Exotic Ceramics] Husbandry[Domestication Or Caged Breeding For A Number Of Uses.] Chemistry[Organic Chemistry Plastics] Mechanical[Simple Mechanical Devices.] Medicine[Complex Medical Treatment, Drug Therapy And Surgery] Computers[Bulky Mechanical Devices]
The Society Has A Just Rotten Attitude, Crime Is Barely Functional And The World Econonmy Is Dead
Problem: Climate Issues Due To Harsh Seasons
Planet Is Part Of A Unaffiliated Affiliation Of 1 System(S)
A Medium (7000 Miles) Planet, 0.85Gs And 2 Moons
With 2 Moons (Medium (424 Miles), Medium (433 Miles))
The Planet Orbits 1 Star  [ {G} Yellow Small ]
"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
Re: A challenge: Destination 01
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 12:03:57 AM »
I'd hunt down the Prime Directive Newsletter with the random adventure generator and use that as inspiration.  You've already got a somewhat detailed location, so you need:

Opponent (make a list of possible alien foes, but also things like natural disasters, mad scientists, ancient relics)

Threat (What is the danger the PCs must prevent or mitigate? Theft?  Loss of life? Revolt? Wrongful execution?)

Object (the specific things they need to protect, which could be a planet, moon, shuttle, cargo, scholar, etc.)

Complication (the unexpected things, like plague, sniper, technical failure, traitor, etc.)

Of course, my players would just go, "Hot planet?  Nope.  We jump to the next star system.  What's there?"   :'(

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »
There is this:
"The Society Has A Just Rotten Attitude, Crime Is Barely Functional And The World Econonmy Is Dead
Problem: Climate Issues Due To Harsh Seasons"

Which I assume to meant to seed adventure ideas.  Just think it needs more.
"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »
I was ignoring that part, since it describes where Earth is at right now.   :o

I agree that it needs more, specific development to become an adventure outline. 

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 01:51:53 PM »
I was ignoring that part, since it describes where Earth is at right now.   :o

I agree that it needs more, specific development to become an adventure outline.

I think, there is always going to be a "Whatever the GM wants" when he has specific scenario ideas.... its like watching X-Files... . some episodes are about the overridding plot ("I'm not saying it was Aliens... but... Aliens!", and some are just random stuff like werewolves, unicorns, and whatnot.

So this shouldnt replace a GM coming up with their own scenario... but more like... a plot idea that can be fleshed out as needed.