Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Nav Cubes And Destinations
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
Well, as far as the Anshani empire, I guess I meant "Was part of the empire, but now is whatevers left"... Hmmm... Maybe I should include a "Condition of the facilities" table.

Does this table seem more reasonable?

d100AffiliationDescription
1-32PRIMITIVE(1) System
33-60UNAFFILIATED(1) System
61-74INDEPENDENT(2d4) Systems
75-88EXPANSIONIST(1d100+10) Systems
89-93COLLECTIVE((1d4)d100) Systems
94-98CONSTOPNOR(See Text) Systems
99-100ANSHANI(See Text) Systems
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Nav Cubes And Destinations
« Last post by Kedamono on September 05, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Hmm, well since the Constopnor post-date the Anshani Empire by about 49,000 years, so any destination that is one of their worlds would be random as well. And the Constopnor are only an issue in the region of space where the Ardana Nuu ends up in. For all we know, there's a completely different empire/federation/cooperative near Earth.

Because of that, I'd have multiple random types:

Unaffiliated, Constopnor, Independent, Another Empire/Confederation/Federation/Cooperative, Primitive, and the favorite, use the World Gen rules on pages 80 to 89, but with chance for life given a +10 on the What's Alive? table. (And a +50 for Intelligence. The Anshani didn't care about worlds with no sapients or near sapients on them.)

One thing for certain, there's no discernible rhyme or reason for why certain worlds are loaded into any random Nav Cube. The Anshani are not like you and me, so randomly determined is good.

As the chances of finding an Anshani world should be lower than what you have. I'd make it a 99-100 chance of a cube face being Anshani.
Incursion I, II, and III / Nav Cubes And Destinations
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 03:13:32 AM »
I'm trying to alter the destination tables slightly, so that I can generate something closer to what the 6 examples in the main book (Incursion I) has.  I figure the end result should be ... you go here, land here, and the place "looks" like this...  And then leave the actual scenario to the GM.  It would allow quick improvisation should the characters just go cube hoping.

So far, I've done this:
d100      Destination Type
01-65      RANDOM (+0 LZ)
66-90      CONSTOPNOR (+10 LZ)
91-00      ANSHANI (+15 LZ)
Obviously, a Random world could still be Anshani, but I figure, there is no obvious signs.

d100      Landing Zone
01-15      NONE
16-50      ONE
51-85      FEW (1d4)
86-00      SEVERAL (1d)
I figure, even without any sign of the Anshani, there might be at the very least a landing pad.

I kind of just made the numbers up... can I get a discussion started?  Are the numbers accurate?  Any suggestions?  Other tables?  etc... etc... :)
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Anshani
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 01:22:37 AM »
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 02, 2020, 04:10:06 AM »
The picture on the Robotics page shows an oddly shaped robot.  It looks to have 3 'fingers' just like the Anshani.  I was wondering if that might be a robot based on their form.

Not a biggie, just curious more then anything. 
« Last post by Kedamono on September 02, 2020, 12:46:37 AM »
As far as I know, that's the only image of the Anshani. Richard wanted to keep them mysterious I guess.
Incursion I, II, and III / Anshani
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 01, 2020, 03:57:56 AM »
Any pictures of the Anshani other then the one in the spacesuit?

Or a good description so I could draw one myself?

Bureau 13 / Does anyone still use the 1st Edition "orange book"?
« Last post by wasahbe on August 29, 2020, 06:17:33 PM »
Does anyone still use the 1st Edition "orange book", or did you move on to a later edition?
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Useful Websites
« Last post by wasahbe on August 29, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
Nice, thank you.
Incursion I, II, and III / Useful Websites
« Last post by FuzzySadist on August 29, 2020, 06:48:09 AM »
I'm getting ready to run Incursions (using Savage Worlds), and I found a couple of sites I thought would be useful.

Alien Food Generator
https://sites.google.com/site/2300adcollective2/clients/universal-random-alien-food-generator

Random Stateroom Loot
https://www.cyborgprime.com/traveller-rpg-blog/sci-fi-rpg-stateroom-random-loot-generator

If anyone else has useful sites to share, I'd love to see them.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]