Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Incursion I, II, and III / Savage Incursion: Antagonists
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 06, 2020, 03:49:54 PM »
Here's the basics of my Ardanna Nuu crew (before Terrans)

Pirate Captain Gwerma
Agility d10 Smarts d8 Spirit d10
Strength d8 Vigor d10
Pace 6 Parry 7 Tough 13(+6)
Athletics d4 Fighting d10 Piloting d10 Shooting d8 Common Knowledge d4 Language(Native) d8 Notice d8 Repair d6 Taunt d8 Intimidation d10
Racial: AG(+1),SP(+1),ST(-1),VG(+1),6,H:Greedy (Major), S:Thievery@
Hindrances: Greedy, Mean, Wanted
Edges: Ace, Block, Combat Reflexes, Command, Gravitic Acclimation, Hard to Kill, Inspire
Armor: Combat Armor(+6)
Weapons: chain cutlass (Str+2d6, AP 2), plasma pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d10+2, RoF 1)

Pirate Officer Gwerma
Agility d10 Smarts d6 Spirit d8
Strength d6 Vigor d8
Pace 6 Parry 6 Tough 9(+3)
Athletics d4 Fighting d8 Piloting d8 Shooting d8 Common Knowledge d4 Language(Native) d8 Notice d8 Repair d6 Taunt d8 Intimidation d8
Racial: AG(+1),SP(+1),ST(-1),VG(+1),3,H:Greedy (Major), S:Thievery@
Hindrances: Greedy, Mean, Wanted
Edges: Block, Combat Reflexes, Gravitic Acclimation
Armor: Spacesuit(+3)
Weapons: power cutlass (Str+d6+2, AP 2), blaster pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 2)

Pirate Gwerma
Agility d8 Smarts d4 Spirit d8
Strength d6 Vigor d8
Pace 6 Parry 5 Tough 7(+1)
Athletics d4 Fighting d6 Piloting d8 Shooting d8 Common Knowledge d4 Language(Native) d8 Notice d8 Repair d6 Taunt d8 Intimidation d6
Racial: AG(+1),SP(+1),ST(-1),VG(+1),1,H:Greedy (Major), S:Thievery@
Hindrances: Greedy, Mean, Vengeful
Edges: Gravitic Acclimation
Armor: Spacesuit(+1)
Weapons: cutlass (Str+d6), blaster pistol (Range 12/24/48, Damage 2d6+2, RoF 1, AP 2)

Merchant Groomlouch
Agility d8 Smarts d10 Spirit d10
Strength d6 Vigor d8
Pace 6 Parry 4 Tough 6
Athletics d4 Fighting d4 Piloting d8 Shooting d6 Academics d8 Common Knowledge d8 Gambling d8 Language(Native) d8 Notice d6 Repair d6
Racial: AG(+1),SM(+1),SP(+1),ST(-1),VG(+1),0,H:Greedy (Mino
Hindrances: Greedy
Edges: Charismatic, Connections
Gear: Commlink, personal data device

Crew, Engineer Greevals
Agility d10 Smarts d12 Spirit d8
Strength d4 Vigor d8
Pace 6 Parry 4 Tough 6
Athletics d4 Fighting d4 Shooting d6 Academics d8 Common Knowledge d8 Electronics d8 Language(Native) d8 Notice d6 Repair d8
Racial: AG(+1),SM(+1),SP(+1),ST(-1),VG(+1),0,Cannot Speak, E:Mr. Fix It, H:High Tech Background(Mino
Edges: Mr. Fix It
Armor: Uniform(+0)
Weapons: large wrench (Str+d6, improvised weapon)
Gear: Commlink, personal data device connected to the ship’s systems, tool belt

Exotic Performer Bio-Plast
Agility d10 Smarts d4 Spirit d4
Strength d10 Vigor d8
Pace 6 Parry 4 Tough 7(+1)
Athletics d4 Fighting d4 Thievery d4 Common Knowledge d6 Gambling d4 Language(Native) d8 Notice d6 Survival d4 Performance d6
Racial: AG(+1),ST(+1),Armor(+1),1,Construct, H:Outsider (Majo
Edges: Attractive
Armor: Clothing(+0)

Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Nav Cubes And Destinations
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 06, 2020, 01:23:29 AM »
I like those definitions... I'll pop Independent to 1d4+1, since we're assuming at the minimum their home system and at least one other system.

I'm really liking how things are turning out :)  I appreciate the help. :)
« Last post by Kedamono on September 05, 2020, 11:55:20 PM »
That's a good start, but they need explanations as to what each entry means.

For example "Primitive". What does it mean? Flint and stone tools or pre-starflight or both? Would we right now be considered "primitives" by the starfaring cultures in the Three Galaxies. (And no, we don't know which galaxy Richard was referring to other than the Milky Way and Andromeda.)

Since I came up with two of the terms, I'll offer my definition:

Unaffiliated refers to a brand new spacefaring culture that hasn't gotten out of their system yet, but is in the process of colonizing their own star system. We're talking more Expanse before the Gateway than our current level of orbiting our own planet.

Independent is one or two cultures working on colonizing the nearby stars. They may be looking for planets other people might consider uninhabitable. They have the slowest possible FTL drive, so it's more of a cooperative than an actual empire or confederation. (30 days per light year means stars are at least 4 to 5 months travel time apart. Hard to keep a thumb or a boot on a colony.)
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
Well, as far as the Anshani empire, I guess I meant "Was part of the empire, but now is whatevers left"... Hmmm... Maybe I should include a "Condition of the facilities" table.

Does this table seem more reasonable?

d100AffiliationDescription
1-32PRIMITIVE(1) System
33-60UNAFFILIATED(1) System
61-74INDEPENDENT(2d4) Systems
75-88EXPANSIONIST(1d100+10) Systems
89-93COLLECTIVE((1d4)d100) Systems
94-98CONSTOPNOR(See Text) Systems
99-100ANSHANI(See Text) Systems
« Last post by Kedamono on September 05, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Hmm, well since the Constopnor post-date the Anshani Empire by about 49,000 years, so any destination that is one of their worlds would be random as well. And the Constopnor are only an issue in the region of space where the Ardana Nuu ends up in. For all we know, there's a completely different empire/federation/cooperative near Earth.

Because of that, I'd have multiple random types:

Unaffiliated, Constopnor, Independent, Another Empire/Confederation/Federation/Cooperative, Primitive, and the favorite, use the World Gen rules on pages 80 to 89, but with chance for life given a +10 on the What's Alive? table. (And a +50 for Intelligence. The Anshani didn't care about worlds with no sapients or near sapients on them.)

One thing for certain, there's no discernible rhyme or reason for why certain worlds are loaded into any random Nav Cube. The Anshani are not like you and me, so randomly determined is good.

As the chances of finding an Anshani world should be lower than what you have. I'd make it a 99-100 chance of a cube face being Anshani.
Incursion I, II, and III / Nav Cubes And Destinations
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 03:13:32 AM »
I'm trying to alter the destination tables slightly, so that I can generate something closer to what the 6 examples in the main book (Incursion I) has.  I figure the end result should be ... you go here, land here, and the place "looks" like this...  And then leave the actual scenario to the GM.  It would allow quick improvisation should the characters just go cube hoping.

So far, I've done this:
d100      Destination Type
01-65      RANDOM (+0 LZ)
66-90      CONSTOPNOR (+10 LZ)
91-00      ANSHANI (+15 LZ)
Obviously, a Random world could still be Anshani, but I figure, there is no obvious signs.

d100      Landing Zone
01-15      NONE
16-50      ONE
51-85      FEW (1d4)
86-00      SEVERAL (1d)
I figure, even without any sign of the Anshani, there might be at the very least a landing pad.

I kind of just made the numbers up... can I get a discussion started?  Are the numbers accurate?  Any suggestions?  Other tables?  etc... etc... :)
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Anshani
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 05, 2020, 01:22:37 AM »
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 02, 2020, 04:10:06 AM »
The picture on the Robotics page shows an oddly shaped robot.  It looks to have 3 'fingers' just like the Anshani.  I was wondering if that might be a robot based on their form.

Not a biggie, just curious more then anything. 
« Last post by Kedamono on September 02, 2020, 12:46:37 AM »
As far as I know, that's the only image of the Anshani. Richard wanted to keep them mysterious I guess.
Incursion I, II, and III / Anshani
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 01, 2020, 03:57:56 AM »
Any pictures of the Anshani other then the one in the spacesuit?

Or a good description so I could draw one myself?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10