Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
FTL: 2448 / Re: The Kymnar
« Last post by wasahbe on September 17, 2020, 11:09:47 PM »
Is that art your work?  You should consider doing some art for the Tri Tac Spotlight issues.  Adding an art section based on or influenced by the various Tri Tac RPGs would be a nice feature.

Yes.  The only reason haven't begg... offered to spotlight fan art is fear of being C&Ded if something turns out to not be original.  Because what was fair use on a fan site is infringement if we put it out for money. Gotta have the artist's OK.
« Last post by ORtrail on September 17, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »
Nice work on the Kymnar PDF.  They had some of the best art with the last edition of FTL:2448. 
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 17, 2020, 12:09:12 PM »
Nice work, I need to remember to leverage your OCD to my advantage more often!   ;D

Just to be pedantic, it was only a sect of Kymnar and it was 3,000 years since their Messiah.   Even the average human is not counted as a believer in some form of Christianity, so if you randomly grabbed a human from Earth, odds are they are not.  Depends heavily on location of course.  In other words, the effect of Christianity on the Kymnar as a whole is minimal. 

Ahhh, that makes total sense. To be fair, I was only trying to show of the usefulness of my OCD, and didn't fully read all the text.

On that thought, we should check with the powers that be.  I think it would be cool to write some "ruleless, works with any system" type "Spot on a race" type small books.  Maybe just half a dozen pages, but fleshing out each race.  Might be a fun project. :)

Maybe something like this: The Kymnar

Is that art your work?  You should consider doing some art for the Tri Tac Spotlight issues.  Adding an art section based on or influenced by the various Tri Tac RPGs would be a nice feature.

It is my artwork, but I'm not great at drawing from imagination yet.  The head there is an example from the FTL2448 core book, and the body was a miniature of a kzinti I had found.  Not sure the legality of using someone else's art (the miniature).  But yeah, so far all the pictures I've posted has been my work (with the above caveat) :)  Happy to contribute art if that is acceptable.

William
« Last post by ORtrail on September 17, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
Nice work, I need to remember to leverage your OCD to my advantage more often!   ;D

Just to be pedantic, it was only a sect of Kymnar and it was 3,000 years since their Messiah.   Even the average human is not counted as a believer in some form of Christianity, so if you randomly grabbed a human from Earth, odds are they are not.  Depends heavily on location of course.  In other words, the effect of Christianity on the Kymnar as a whole is minimal. 

« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 17, 2020, 04:33:06 AM »
FTL: 2448 / The Kymnar
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 17, 2020, 03:42:37 AM »
ORtrail
Is there much more detail about the Kymar that I should be aware of?  Outside of what is found in the species description in the FTL:2448 Book 1?

The Celestar Tyranny seems to be the defining event for much of their modern era.  Dealing with that subjugation will be the motivation behind most of the events of the adventure I'm working on (at least as a setup for a campaign). 

Well, page 38 of the FTL2448 book says that the Kymnar have embraced the Christian religion, believing the messiah came to their planet over 300 years ago.

page 41, shows that the Berian we're at one point enslaved by the Kymnar.

The Kymnar martial arts is called "Kymnarian Geratch", which is an Active Offense style.

One of their assault rifles is the "Fistan Kann" which is often called the "Kymnaran Kolling Thunder"
They also have a Sub Machinegun, called "Ka Kann" or "Little Thunder"
And also a Machinegun called "Hisst'n Kann" or "Screaming Thunder"

They have a planet called "C'Char" which is an Agricultural planet with an open port (with fairly advanced facilities)

Other systems include "Kymnar, C'Raff, F'Stans, M'Rass"

Their primary stardrive is the "Kymnar GCTM Drive"

The ship in use during the Celestar 'Tyranny' was the Kymnar "A" Gar Rass, and still used Vacuum Tube technology in them.

By the year 2448, the Kymnar share the inner cities of humanity with the Bor'Cha, Dabe, Trell, Blox and Skay.

They're susceptible to addiction from Bormalan Extract C.

The Kymnar shock troops often use Shock Knives.

The Kymnar, Bloxians, Dabe and Bor'cha are share similar social problems when it comes to the criminal elements.

Space marines end their training with 10 weeks on Kymnar for advanced combat training

While "Hectors World" is mostly humans of every racial type, there are a large number of Kymnar in the southern regions.

Kymnar are immune to the Snowfrost Plague

... That's most of the information I could find in the FTL2448 books.  Other then mentioning the name, I haven't see them anywhere else so far.

Hope that helps,
William

Incursion I, II, and III / Re: Useful Websites
« Last post by ORtrail on September 17, 2020, 02:35:02 AM »
Thanks, I love me some random tables or auto-generated details.   ;D

Speaking of adventure generating tables reminds me of the Prime Time newsletter #5 for the Prime Directive RPG (Star Trek in the alternate Star Fleet Battle universe).  If you ever run a Star Trek-type campaign, these newsletters can be mined for inspiration.  At $2 for the full set it's not a bad deal. 

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/300032/PD-One-Prime-Time-Newsletter-16
Incursion I, II, and III / Re: My Incursion Campaign - Combined History
« Last post by ORtrail on September 17, 2020, 02:29:16 AM »
Is there much more detail about the Kymar that I should be aware of?  Outside of what is found in the species description in the FTL:2448 Book 1? 

The Celestar Tyranny seems to be the defining event for much of their modern era.  Dealing with that subjugation will be the motivation behind most of the events of the adventure I'm working on (at least as a setup for a campaign). 
« Last post by FuzzySadist on September 16, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »
Hate to dash your hopes, but Richard Tucholka was adamant that the Incursion universe is separate from the FTL:2448 universe. In fact, the Incursion setting is in the Bureau 13 universe, which means magic and the supernatural are an element.

Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try combining them, but understand, that's not canon to either settings. The only thing in common between the two is psionics.

Oh sure, I get that.  I've actually heard the B13 thing before somewhere.  I just want access to more aliens, and I like the idea of conflicting empires that the players are constantly slipping thru borders due to HFTL.  Conflict is fun (for me at least, maybe not for them).  Most of the writes ups for the aliens mention FTL governments and such... so I just thought adding the history together would give me a reason to put them there.

I haven't thought about adding in magic, but who knows... what are jedi after all but space wizards.

Thanks for the input :)
« Last post by Kedamono on September 16, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »
Hate to dash your hopes, but Richard Tucholka was adamant that the Incursion universe is separate from the FTL:2448 universe. In fact, the Incursion setting is in the Bureau 13 universe, which means magic and the supernatural are an element.

Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try combining them, but understand, that's not canon to either settings. The only thing in common between the two is psionics.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10