THINGS WE WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY AND WHAT YOU CAN DO

A place to review the mechanics for the Tri Tac d100 system.
Wasahbe
Site Admin

THINGS WE WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY AND WHAT YOU CAN DO

Post by Wasahbe »

We were pushed to get something out for Incursion's 30th anniversary and ended up splitting the 2nd Edition book into two in order to make deadline. So far so good. But rules that were added to the Player's Guide during the last six months before release didn't get stress tested quite enough.

Like the rules for chase scenes. They bog down if the chaser and chased are relatively evenly matched.

Other things that were touched lightly in the PG (like the optional rules for Skill specialization -- called Relevance) should have been pulled altogether, since they are going to be handled more completely in the Game Moderator's Guide. The Cliff's Notes version in the PG doesn't do them justice.

So there's going to be a major update for the Player's Guide before the Game Moderator's Guide comes out. In the meantime, if you are interested in having an influence on Tri Tac's future, use the Incursion 30th Anniversary Edition rules and give us feedback NOW, instead of after books with the new system have gone to PoD.

Remember, the rules we are hammering out now are the rules for upcoming editions of Tri Tac's flagships. Local Michigan fandom seems most interested in licensing a 21th century edition of FTL: 2448. I've told them that we can certainly work something out if they want to tackle such a huge project, but at this advanced point in time they will have to build their product to work with Tri Tac d100 rules. No matter how clever and superior they think their competing vision would be.

The same for Bureau 13: Stalking the Night FantasticTM, which our core team will be tackling once we've put Incursion to bed. And FringeworthyTM, which is scheduled next.
Tri Tac Will Never Die! :mrgreen:
Big Jack Brass

Re: THINGS WE WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY AND WHAT YOU CAN DO

Post by Big Jack Brass »

Unfortunately I've had to temporarily suspend my active roleplaying involvement, but I've linked to this on Mastodon where there's a lively gaming community.
"We wade in imperfect solutions"