Sea Cities

• 3 replies

Offline Kedamono

• Agent
Sea Cities
« on: July 06, 2018, 11:51:28 PM »
Mentioned in the game, but never really expanded on in any depth, was the concept of the Sea City.

We really don't know what they look like, but a quick Google will provide you with a plethora of images. Some practical, and others... well...

Not so much.

I prefer thinking of them as surface cities, with the Cetaceans handling the underwater portions.

And they would vary from seasteading structures like this:

To floating designs like this:

So have you ever had your PCs visit one? What was it like?

Offline ORtrail

• Rookie
Re: Sea Cities
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:23:44 PM »
I ran a string of four connected super hero adventures several years ago.  All were based on underwater or boat based locations.  One part was the characters trying to protect an underwater apartment complex being built in the Puget Sound.  This was based on an actual PDF I found online, where some business group really wants to build these things.  I look at places like San Fran and think they might be onto something. 

The next thing I'd do for an adventure would be to have some artificial island built to be an independent nation. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:32:07 PM by ORtrail »

Offline Kkoenig

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »
In FTL, the Arkols live in a underwater civilization.   Iíve been thinking about what it would look like.

Offline Kedamono

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
In FTL, the Arkols live in a underwater civilization.   Iíve been thinking about what it would look like.

It would be very wet...

They are amphibious, so their blacksmiths and anyone who has to work with fire, would either be on land or in underwater chambers with air pockets. And no, they wouldn't use hydrothermal vents or lava pools, the water is above the boiling point all around them, and you'd have cooked Arkol for lunch afterwards.