Fringeworthy in print format

• 4 replies

Offline Enkeli

• Agent
Fringeworthy in print format
« on: May 09, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
We decided that the newest of the Fringeworthy editions would be the first we put in print on demand format. So Fringeworthy d20 is the version of Fringeworthy we presently have available as a print on demand. All new Fringeworthy material WILL be make in a print on demand format.

If there is a specific version of Fringeworthy people would like us to explore as future projects please let us know. 

Also if there is interest in a stripped down EZ rules version we would like to know.

Making a new version of ANY game is time consuming and would require us to collect new art and spend many hours that could be spent on other projects, so we only want to work on things that people show an interest in having available.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:59:37 AM by wasahbe »

Offline ORtrail

• Rookie
Re: Fringeworthy in print format
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 11:35:34 PM »
The EZ rules would be mostly background/setting material, right?  Then you pair it with the RPG rules system of your choice?  I have the 1983 and 1992 editions of Fringeworthy, so I'm good to go as far as setting material goes. 

Or is there enough new material to justify a purchase of an EZ edition?  It wouldn't take much convincing to be honest.  :)

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 05:15:49 PM »
Well, the plan is to reorganize and bookmark the EZ editions to improve them as reference sourcebooks, as well as add value with new content.   

Think 1st and 2nd Edition D&D.  For me, the upgrade in usability was well worth buying again, but YMMV.

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline Enkeli

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:09:35 PM »
I think he was asking about an EZ version of Fringeworthy itself that I mentioned in my initial posting. I wasn't entirely clear in what I was talking about it seems.

The idea was to make a basic Fringeworthy EZ book, so that the world and its special skills and situations could be adapted to any game system instead of a new FW set in a specific system.

It would be stripping out any system specific rules and putting a more generic explanation in their place on how to incorporate it within your favorite rules system.  While it would not contain a lot of new information it would be a way for people using a system other than the Tri Tac basic and d20 systems to easily convert skills, spells and psionics etc from the original books to whatever game system they prefer.

It is a lot of work and will not be considered unless there is a large amount of interest.

Offline ORtrail

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:13 AM »
"It would be stripping out any system specific rules and putting a more generic explanation in their place on how to incorporate it within your favorite rules system."

That sounds pretty good to me, but it would be like writing a new edition of the game. 

What about a Kickstarter?  Getting your money upfront and hiring a writer or being able to pay yourselves to write an EZ edition?  Nothing shows interest like being willing to part with money, right?