New Novel

• 5 replies

Offline Madmonkey

• Rookie
New Novel
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:37:26 PM »
Outside of The Ed Powers story there has not been any other novels set in the Fringeworthy worlds . And with Fringeworthy being over 35 years old (1983) there has been a lot of new tech that has come down the line . So what would I have to do in order to write a new novel . I know I would need permission from Tri Tac games ( of course) , so who do I need to contact .

Offline Enkeli

• Agent
Re: New Novel
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 10:32:50 PM »
Use the contact us buttons on the home page or contact Wasahbe via pm here.

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »
Seriously, what do you have to offer and what do you want in return?
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline Madmonkey

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:17:54 PM »
 What do I have to offer, why the experience of an adventure  . What do I want , that should be very clear. To get people interested in Fringeworthy again .

Offline Enkeli

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:21:15 PM »
pretty sure she was asking your writing experience and what you want in compensation if Wasahbe publishes your work.

There is considerable effort involved with getting a book to print.

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 07:56:01 PM »
pretty sure she was asking your writing experience and what you want in compensation if Wasahbe publishes your work.

There is considerable effort involved with getting a book to print.

...and our IP lawyer insists that we keep a tight grip on the intellectual property.  We would have to have Amazon take down anything you shopped to them without permission, for example, to protect the copyright.  We also have to protect the brand by disallowing content that is not suitable for younger readers or strays too far from canon.  We got around some of that in Fringeworthy Beginnings by putting in a forward noting that the events in the book take place in an alt where things are different-- Slargs are not cowards, for example.  But that didn't stop complaints from the fan base.

Also, David Powers is still writing for us.  I was trying to give you the heads up if your plot pitch was similar enough to his that you would be stepping on each other's toes. 

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law