The Kymnar

• 20 replies

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
Re: The Kymnar
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 04:56:49 PM »
Hey, William, do you have a handle on the FTL:2448 timeline as regards the Kymnar? 

How much time has passed since the Celestar Corporation control of Kymnar was broken?  The Berian enslavement by the Kymnar was a century long, ending when the Celestar Corporation took control, but the Kymnar are supposed to have had only a half century of spaceflight before being taken over by Celestar and beginning their own century of harsh rulership. 

So how did all those Berians get to Kymnar for a century of servitude?  Especially since the Berians seem to be a mostly primitive society, so it seems doubtful they were the ones to stumble upon the Kymnar during their own space exploration.

Lets see... the Kymnar destroyed the Archaeopteryx sometime between 2120 and 2128.
Celestar discovered the Kymnar in 2145, by 2149 they had scouted the homeworld and a few of their colony worlds.  In 2160 Celestar attacked, and by 2162 they have control over Kymnar space.  In 2180 they attempt a revolt, but it fails.  In 2251, Celestar's Tyranny is exposed, and they are disbanded by ISCO in 2252.  So... That's about 90 years under Celestar.  Oddly Celestar friend the Berians when they took over, so if they were enslaved... would have to be from 2062 or so, til 2162.  It says a half century of primitive starflight, but that usually implies the race has achieved FTL... Prehaps they found the Berians during early sublight invasions?   Or... someone screwed the math when the book was written :)

William
"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2020, 05:50:40 PM »
Okay, thanks.  For future reference, where did you pull these dates from?  My FTL:2448 adventure in part deals with events that came out of the Celestar Tyranny and the Kymnar resistance (and how far some were willing to go to drive out the humans).  In another sense, it's about dealing with family drama and being left with things to resolve. 

I was going to leave the timeline vague, but being able to reference specific events and times makes a bigger impact during play. 

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »
Okay, thanks.  For future reference, where did you pull these dates from?  My FTL:2448 adventure in part deals with events that came out of the Celestar Tyranny and the Kymnar resistance (and how far some were willing to go to drive out the humans).  In another sense, it's about dealing with family drama and being left with things to resolve. 

I was going to leave the timeline vague, but being able to reference specific events and times makes a bigger impact during play.

Ftl2448: Core Book 1: Pgs 32-35 :)
"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 08:54:26 PM »
You mean.... I have to read the manual???   ;D  Yeah, I missed that timeline, couldn't remember if there had been one. 

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 09:56:45 PM »
You mean.... I have to read the manual???   ;D  Yeah, I missed that timeline, couldn't remember if there had been one.

CTRL-F is your friend :)

Offline FuzzySadist

• To The Pain!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2020, 01:10:53 AM »