Spotlight 3 & 4

• 5 replies

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
Spotlight 3 & 4
« on: August 08, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »
OK, so Tri Tac has a quarterly newsletter now.  The first edition was 50+ pages of new art, scenarios and updated classic Bureau 13.  The second edition focused on Fringeworthy.  Both are available through our Sellfy storefront, https://sellfy.com/tritacgames and through DriveThruRPG.

The upcoming issue will put the Spotlight on post-apocalyptic aftermath.  The history of Rouge 417, Cloisters, and Huradicator will be the focus, but contributions built around ANY Tri Tac line will be welcomed.  For instance, a scenario could be developed where Fringeworthy explorers discover a post-nuclear war Alt in their travels.  We only ask that the party focus be on salvaging civilization, not becoming the biggest badass warlords in the valley. Richard always looked it it that way.

The Winter issue will put the Spotlight on Space, and will focus on Incursion, FTL:2448 and EZ Space. 

Comments and contributions are welcome.  Contact us at rpg@tritacgames.com.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
Re: Spotlight 3 & 4
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 02:17:39 AM »
I'm planning on having a short post apocalyptic adventure ready by the end of the week.  I'm writing it (I hope) so it can be dropped into most any PA setting from our modern day to a more futuristic time, along with some general suggestions about running a PA campaign. 

I figured Space was the next theme, though I've really only had one long running Star Trek campaign and the rest of my experiences with other space RPGs have been 1-2 adventures long at best. 

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
Cool.  Your writing was excellent in SL2.  I look forward to your contributions.

Again, you could always have a Fringeworthy team luck into an Alt with active space travel. 
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline Kedamono

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »
A quick comment. If you do write something for our space issue, any mention of Licensed Properties either owned by Paramount, Universal, or Walt Disney can only be "comparisons" as in "It's like Star Trek..." or "An evil empire reminiscent of Star Wars Empire..." and that's about it. All three are happy to sue folks for impinging on their IPs with all the lawyers you can eat. Especially the Mouse. Otherwise feel free to write whatever you want! :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 11:53:56 PM by Kedamono »

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 12:35:17 AM »
First, I just sent an email with my post-apocalypse article attached.  Not an adventure, but an article about basing a PA campaign around a bookmobile.  I hope it makes more sense in the context of the article than it sounds.   ;D

Second, I have, of all things, a Ringworld adventure that I wrote as a one-shot adventure (and possible start to a campaign).  It would work very well using a group (well family actually) of Kymnar from FTL:2448.  Cat-like aliens are always in style. 

Third, after looking at my 1992 edition FTL:2448 books, I have the #11 copies, signed by Richard! I had somehow forgotten about that after all these years.  Also, the art for the Kymnar is quite good in this edition. 

Oh, and the warning about litigation is well taken. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 04:40:22 PM by ORtrail »

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 11:09:12 PM »
A busier week than anticipated, so I'm a half day behind on completing the 'Overdue' adventure.  That's what weekends are for though, so I'll send it off tomorrow.  Really.   :D