Closing down the website.

• 1 replies

Offline wasahbe

• Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
Closing down the website.
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:49:11 PM »
I have been thinking about closing down / cutting back on the content on tritacgames.com.

A week doesn't go buy that I don't have a freelancer offer to redo it using HTML's 5 resizable windows.  So I know it is dated.  I've held on to the current format out of nostalgia for Richard.

Now I just can't dig up the inspiration to redo it.  In the past, major overhauls have taken a couple weeks of concentrated work, and I will have to switch softwares this time, which will add learning curve to the effort.

Asking for input.  What do you think is worth salvaging if I switch tritacgames.com to a minimal web presence?
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline ORtrail

• Agent
Re: Closing down the website.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 12:22:38 PM »
You can only patch things up so many times, right?  My first thought is that for forums you could go with something like, Pro Boards.

https://www.proboards.com/

I don't know the business details, but I assume they take most of the advertising money in exchange for hosting?  It has been a solid website for the Supers! Revised RPG forums since 2014 or so. 

The downside is that you lose all the cool threads; the ideas exchanged and suggestions that build up on a forum over the years.  For example, there are a TON of character builds for Marvel, DC, and lesser known comic books on the Supers! Revised board and it would hurt to see all that go away if they ever switched to another host. 

I don't know how much, if anything, could be moved if a switch was made -but if it needs to happen then ripping off the band-aid is probably the way to do it.