The True Nature of Reality

• 1 replies

Offline DarianRif

• Rookie
The True Nature of Reality
« on: November 08, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »
As I was catching up on the latest podcasts, a thought struck me. How can ALL stories be true? Some of them are downright contradictory. But that tenant that they are all possible is part of what makes the world of B13 so much fun.

The answer I came up with is this:  all stories are true because the reality of Bureau 13's world is whatever the collective humanity "thinks and believes" it is. In essence, humanity as a whole is the God of this reality. Enough people (even if it is subconsciously) believe in ghosts and vampires and aliens;  so these entities exist. The conflicting stories can exist at the same time because "reality" is play-do to humanity's subconscious will.

I will explain more of the ramifications of this in later posts.

Offline DarianRif

• Rookie
Re: The True Nature of Reality
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 02:43:08 PM »
So one thing to comes to mind from this is, if true, the Bureau's ultimate goal might be to slowly push humanity to "forget" these entities in the hope of normalizing reality. That would be the primary reason for keeping the supernatural's existance a secret. Sure, preventing mass panic and witch-hunts is important, but that is secondary to "erasing" belief in the supernatural.