Who is Rich Tucholka? Our Pierless Leader, of course!

New Products and Events. HOW TO JOIN THE FORUMS.
wasahbe

Who is Rich Tucholka? Our Pierless Leader, of course!

Postby wasahbe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:07 am

From http://www.tritacgames.com

This is an amazingly creative individual who has been traveling SF Conventions for over thirty years. You can tell he was destined to be a SF and horror fan by his last name, a word that has survived since the dawn of Rome. If you know Etruscan mythology, look it up, or embarrass him by asking.

Tucholka has been called "one of the unsung heroes of Role Playing" and "Michigan's Gaming Guru". You may know him more for his work in the creation of the Role Playing games Bureau 13: Stalking the Night Fantastic, voted Best Fantasy RPG of 1991 by the RPGA Network at Gencon. Others works include The Morrow Project, Fringeworthy, FTL: 2448, and Hardwired Hinterland. Modules include Invasion U.S., Rogue 417, Hellsnight, Haunts, Hearts, Bureau 13 Lost Files, Bureau 13 Special Edition, Bureau 13 Extreme, and the DM's Book Of Nasty Tricks & Misfit Magic. There are a bunch of Young Adult Tri Tac Micro Games like Monster Squash, Geriatric Wars, Pteroductyl, The Viral Vegetable Wars, Drive By, War on High, Escape From Westerville State, Baby Boomer, Duck Trooper, and Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters, and HOLES, a different kind of SF Miniatures Combat Game.

Rich has been a comic book publisher, book reviewer, staff writer for STARDATE and STARDRIVE Magazine, and always a Science Fiction Fan. Richard is (gasp) 54, no longer single, and lives in Pontiac, Michigan where he manages Tri Tac Games and works as Senior Computer Support for a multi-national conglomerate. Hobbies include stamp collecting, selling on eBay, house restoration, publishing, writing, reading (science fiction, anthropology, psychology, sociology, paleontology, and military history), and trying to index his 18,000+ books and B Budget Movies. He packed rooms when he did "Uncle Richard's Trash Video Roundup" across the Midwest for a number of years at many Science Fiction Conventions. Rich also mentions he is owned by several cats. If you ever have a chance to play with Tucholka as an RPG Game Master, he will knock your socks off. He can be reached at Tucholka@hotmail.com.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kedamono

Re: Who is Rich Tucholka? Our Pierless Leader, of course!

Postby kedamono » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Well, since he doesn't have a pier, what's keeping him up?  ;D

I think you meant "peerless" leader.
Kedamono
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:08 am

The pier isn't a real issue until his ship comes in. 
gryphoncat

Postby gryphoncat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm

It's been over a decade since Uncle Richard ran Bureau 13 for us in Pittsburgh and I STILL haven't found my socks!
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Uncle Richard,

Contributing to gamer socklessness since 19mumblemumble!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kendar gravin

Postby kendar gravin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:14 am

what can i say about richard t.............

he's a fantastic gm!!!, and a very hard worker ( cough )...lol jk

i've seen him get totally stymied over the expiry date of a bag of chips one year... i think they might have expired by now though, its been nearly 20 years since he bought them...lol 
Chuck!! break his arm!!!

Return to “General Announcements”