Animation pitch bibles for Tri Tac Games

New Products and Events. HOW TO JOIN THE FORUMS.
Dances with Ponies

Animation pitch bibles for Tri Tac Games

Postby Dances with Ponies » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:06 pm

I was wondering if our podcast team or anyone else has created animation pitch bibles based on Bureau 13 and/or Fringeworthy.

If these pitch bibles don’t exist, I propose that our podcast team at least debate writing these for distribution to media agents and direct sales to production companies.

These pitch bibles will be easier to write than would a new franchise. The majority of the images and text describing characters, settings, and adventures could be cut and pasted from the core rule book.

After the pitch bible is complete, our podcast team would approach literary agents to sell these series to a production company. It is possible, but more difficult, to direct pitch a series to a production company.

I can imagine an original animation that could be broadcast television, direct to video, or web series.

Without the “Ghostbuster” movie and “The real Ghostbuster” cartoon, “Filmation's Ghostbusters” cartoon, based on Filmation's 1975 live-action television show “The Ghost Busters”, would not have been made.

So what, you may ask me. There are Internet articles describing that director Roland Emmerich and producer Dean Devlin have told reporters that they are planning a whole new trilogy of Stargate movies. It would be useful to have a Fringeworthy animation pitch bible ready before the new Stargate movies start production.

I’m looking forward to reading your response.

Dances with Ponies
wasahbe

Re: Animation pitch bibles for Tri Tac Games

Postby wasahbe » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes. We need more publicity for the sales end of Tri Tac, not just the facebook message wall side of things, if we ever intend to be more than a 'hobby site' that almost breaks even after costs. Especially since Richard is no longer covering the 'almost' gap with income from a day job.

However, I am the webmonkey for the main sales site and forums, keeper of the production computers in general, and am proofreading and 'remastering' older Tri Tac properties with modern niceties like indexes. And... I just don't have the right temperament for the 'people' side of things. Sally Vilkman has been our best trooper when it comes to moderating the official forums and notifying the Google and Yahoo groups.

John is still caught up in testing Savage Tri Tac. Bruce's answer is that the first step requires a full-time professional publicist, which haha -- we only almost break even now. I've been doing what I can -- I just moved to cheaper web hosting and added sellfy downloads to the sales site and the facebook message wall page.

I've proposed it to Richard, and he agreed to do it, but he juggles so many projects...
Enkeli

Postby Enkeli » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:10 pm

The pitch bible would only be good for something that hasn't already been made into a feature or series in some form. As much as I love Fringeworthy and know it was made first, there is no way spending the time to do a pitch bible for it would make sense. Everyone would just look at it as a Stargate ripoff, and for B-13 they would spout off Men in Black ripoff. YES I know Tri Tac made them first, but all the public will see is a different version of established movie or television properties.

It would have to be done with something lesser known and would take someone with skills to do it right.

Right now focusing on getting projects done and onto the market would be great.

Revising and getting the older stuff cleaned up to be easily downloaded is a start. But many old time customers want something new.
Dances with Ponies

Postby Dances with Ponies » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 am

First, allow me to give people a history lesson. In 1978, many critics and fans thought that the original Battlestar Galactica (BSG) was similar to Star Wars. For example, Newsweek Magazine September 11, 1978 described Battlestar Galactica as the “Son of Star Wars”.

According to Wikipedia, “In 1978, 20th Century Fox (producers of Star Wars) sued Universal Studios (producers of Battlestar Galactica) for plagiarism, copyright infringement, unfair competition, and Lanham Act claims, by claiming it had stolen 34 distinct ideas from Star Wars.” Universal Studios won the lawsuit, allowing the Battlestar Galactica franchise the right to exist.

My point is that Battlestar Galactica being similar to Star Wars didn’t prevent either the original Battlestar Galactica nor the 21st century reboot from being made.

Second, I offer my assistance to Richard in writing our animation pitch bibles. I’m making this offer as we will never know if we can be successful, until we make attempts to be successful.

Return to “General Announcements”