Changes on the way!

New Products and Events. HOW TO JOIN THE FORUMS.
wasahbe

Changes on the way!

Postby wasahbe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Changes are on the way. The Tri Tac website is being revamped, adding easier access to our small-screen friendly Sellfy store. New products are in the pipeline and a lot of classic Tri Tac is in line for editing and updating.

These forums are a kludge. I had to move them over to phpBB from Simple Machines after Tri Tac changed hosting and the Simple Machines administrator interface stopped allowing me to run bug fixes or updates. It was a long and irksome process that required hand-editing code and some functions have not worked correctly since. In particular, adding a new member without leaving the site open to scammers and spammers has to be done by hand and remains hit or miss.

I am debating archiving what we have now and starting from scratch. Does anyone have any suggestions or requests?

~wasahbe~
kedamono

Re: Changes on the way!

Postby kedamono » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:17 am

I know moving from one host to another is always a pain in the caboose. There are some ongoing threads and other threads which have both historical as well as practical value. If moving the current board to a new one is next to impossible, please give us a heads up, at least a week, and I will rescue threads that I personally want to keep alive on the new board.
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:52 am

If I archive, I will just lock it to new posts, I won't take it down.
BigJackBrass

Postby BigJackBrass » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:23 pm

I think the forums would work better with fewer subcategories. Some of them haven't seen any significant traffic and it gives a sense of clutter and little activity. Stripping back to a leaner list might help to make it all seem a bit less empty.
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:18 am

Great idea!

Return to “General Announcements”