Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters - Who's run a game?

Still MORE Tri Tac goodness.
BruceSheffer

Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters - Who's run a game?

Postby BruceSheffer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:25 pm

This has always been one of my favorite TTS games and I've always wished it had gotten the full push from TTS.  I even put up support documents on my web site before AOL trashed its ftp. 

Has anyone else run this game.  Is there any interest in a new edition or even some more support material.  - we could do a lot just by compiling what is available as support material for the game.
kedamono

Re: Beach Bunny Bimbos with Blasters - Who's run a game?

Postby kedamono » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:55 pm

I like BBBwB, but I never had a chance to run a game using it's rules. Hmm, Dragonflight is coming up in August, I could run a BBBwB game there. Anyone got some good con scenarios?

Oh, as for artwork, I have Poser...  ;D
Kedamono
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:45 am

OK, I'm running Terror at the Mall for Dragonflight here in Seattle. So, what can I add to a two page adventure that will pad it out to 4 hours?
Kedamono
GeneralTristan

Postby GeneralTristan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 am

kedamono wrote:OK, I'm running Terror at the Mall for Dragonflight here in Seattle. So, what can I add to a two page adventure that will pad it out to 4 hours?

I think I've found you the perfect plot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS_RN97Nmyg

(First thing I thought of...  ;D )
Lots of people have those "I Support the Troops" ribbons on their cars... Richard Tucholka is one of the few people I personally know that has *done* things to actually support the troops.  Rich earns a loud "Hooah!" in my book.
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:33 pm

One problem with BBBwB is that the sample human can't be made with the character construction rules. (Each stat starts at 4d10, then you get to spread 100 points over 7 stats, about 14 points apiece, for an average maximum of 54, vs. the sample human's average of 80.)

So I'm going to have to adapt based on the average human, not on the rules. :D

So, I'm going to start all stats at 50 and then spread 200 points among the 7 stats. The rest of the character creation stuff looks OK, so I'm going to keep that the same.
Kedamono
BruceSheffer

Postby BruceSheffer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:39 pm

kedamono wrote:OK, I'm running Terror at the Mall for Dragonflight here in Seattle. So, what can I add to a two page adventure that will pad it out to 4 hours?

When I ran that scenario I had someone get teleported from the dressing-room to a martian lab where they were gutted and a martian installed.  Now this changed the game from being very light-hearted at that point because someone just lost their character.  I had given clues that people were coming out of the dressing room very changed, but that just peaked the party's curiousity.  Maybe something a bit more overt?  Going on a shopping spree of really bad stuff?

The hard part of this adventure is to move the group from investigating the weird behavior of the alien/humans to actively attempting to destroy them.

We had no problem filling this time to 4 hours.  The important part is to set up relationships between the characters so it is their interpersonal links that drive the story.  After all, they need to believe the bimbo who thinks they are aliens.  Just wanting to get into her/his pants isn't going to be enough force the group to act offensively (rather than defensively - they could easily be very offensive in that other meaning).
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 am

Thanks for the hints Bruce. I might add that they have taken over the Build a Bear store and it now creates furry bear-bots to attack the PCs. That and Victoria's Secret, another Bimbo stronghold.
Kedamono
BruceSheffer

Postby BruceSheffer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm

kedamono wrote:Thanks for the hints Bruce. I might add that they have taken over the Build a Bear store and it now creates furry bear-bots to attack the PCs. That and Victoria's Secret, another Bimbo stronghold.

Don't forget that Bimbos can be guys so a leather shop could be a congregation point for bimbos.
BruceSheffer

Postby BruceSheffer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 pm

kedamono wrote:One problem with BBBwB is that the sample human can't be made with the character construction rules. (Each stat starts at 4d10, then you get to spread 100 points over 7 stats, about 14 points apiece, for an average maximum of 54, vs. the sample human's average of 80.)

So I'm going to have to adapt based on the average human, not on the rules. :D

So, I'm going to start all stats at 50 and then spread 200 points among the 7 stats. The rest of the character creation stuff looks OK, so I'm going to keep that the same.

Ah yes.  the famous, here's a sample character that isn't a beginning character problem.

Sounds like you have a good solution at first blush (I haven't been looked at the system for a long time.  One of the reasons I want to Savage it).
BruceSheffer

Postby BruceSheffer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm

kedamono wrote:Thanks for the hints Bruce. I might add that they have taken over the Build a Bear store and it now creates furry bear-bots to attack the PCs. That and Victoria's Secret, another Bimbo stronghold.

So how did the game go?
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 pm

BruceSheffer wrote:So how did the game go?

Unfortunately it didn't go. It was on the first day of the con and that day was poorly attended. I might try again with a Savage version of the setting in the future.
Kedamono
jayphailey

Postby jayphailey » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:59 pm

;D  ;D  ;D  Next week, John's Converting his shopping list to Savage Worlds.  :P
Jay in Spokane.

I like Humans!

Return to “Ducks, Bimbos & Holes -- Tri Tac's Microgames”