download question

Works in Progress. Changes, updates and planned projects. Questions about same.

download question

Postby Enkeli » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 pm

One of the people I know is thinking of getting the download version to save postage but he wanted to know if something happened to his computer and he was stupid (like the last hard drive failure) and wasn't keep up with backups, will he have to pay for it all over again if he loses the one he downloads to his computer?

I have told him just to immediately back it up on a thumb drive or something but he tends to be a bit forgetful sometimes.
Remember, EVERYONE is born right-handed. . . only the best overcome it!

Re: download question

Postby wasahbe » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:03 am

At this point, the emailed link is set up to allow the file to download 5 times, valid until 2016. 

Honestly, though, if the worst happens, I'll just dig the sale info out of our records and dropbox out a new copy.  It's not like we are some galumphing soulless megacorp.

I've talked to Richard about a discount for people who already have R1 on disk, but his answer was to have them mail in the old disk and get a revised one.  Um.  I decided to just put R3 out there for BUY IT NOW and see what happened.  Since I am the one who takes the blame for any glitches, and coupon codes add another level of complexity to go wrong.

Return to “Real Soon Now”