What existing Tri Tac product would you...

Works in Progress. Changes, updates and planned projects. Questions about same.
wasahbe

What existing Tri Tac product would you...

Postby wasahbe » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:43 am

What existing Tri Tac product would you most like to have revised and/or expanded? Why? And how?

~wasahbe~
BigJackBrass

Re: What existing Tri Tac product would you...

Postby BigJackBrass » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:47 pm

After reading the revised BBBwB I'd love to see Duck Trooper get a similar treatment, perhaps with a few tweaks to the system (as I've mentioned previously I don't think the stripped down rules are well served by such a lengthy skill list, for one thing).

The other thing I would particularly like to see is a base Tri Tac system, compiled from and generally compatible with the existing rules. Having a standard system available, particularly a free PDF, would be useful for the new style universal Tri Tac sourcebooks and in many ways it's already there, except at the moment it's tucked away in the older games. Fold some of the attributes together, do the same for skills and add something like the modifier charts from Duck Trooper and BBBwB or a version of the Hyper Fast Play charts from FTL 2448 and I think you would have a very useable light system in just a few pages, one which would then scale up to the full Tri Tac System with only a little effort. I still think that the Tri Tac System has much to recommend it, not least the fact that you aren't dependent on someone else's game system, but the presentation of it definitely puts many people off. A number of people I've discussed the games with in the past said they had dismissed them because of the complexity, but they were surprised to learn that there were things such as the simplified combat system included because they weren't obvious to the casual browser.
BigJackBrass

Postby BigJackBrass » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Have just downloaded Huradicator and I see that a simplified set of rules is included at the back, so that partially addresses my comment above.
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:37 pm

We've considered about creating a stripped down TTS rule set, and the system in these games like Huradicator, are a prime example of how one could do it. So how could we better address your suggestion above?
BigJackBrass

Postby BigJackBrass » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:37 pm

kedamono wrote:We've considered about creating a stripped down TTS rule set, and the system in these games like Huradicator, are a prime example of how one could do it. So how could we better address your suggestion above?

I don't want to hijack this thread so I may start up a separate one to kick ideas around, but essentially I'm thinking it needs to be a sort of quick start, not intended for campaigns necessarily, but compatible enough with the full Tri Tac System that it would serve as a stepping-stone to it and also work with the old supplements. The easiest way to do that is to collapse many of the skills and statistics into broader categories, so that new players aren't faced with a huge and overwhelming choice of options. For instance, a single Pilot [Vehicle] skill, where the player fills in the relevant vehicle choice. Fold some of the statistics together so that you have perhaps six left. For weapons provide a few broad examples, not specific models of firearm. I think it should be possible to make a short, simple set of rules along those lines that will then "unfold" into the full system by adding detail, such as the full skill selection, complete range of statistics, detailed combat etc.
Mysterion

Postby Mysterion » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:29 pm

A revised FTL:2448 would be nice. The timeline in the most recent edition is in need of a re-write, IMO

In the meantime, how about you all finish and release Portals IV for Fringeworthy already? I suspect there are more than a few of us who ordered (and paid for a copy) when it was announced on the website last year and are even still waiting for it to show up in our mailbox(es). I mean I'm a patient guy, and I understand that Mr. Tucholka and fmaily have had some difficulties, but c'mon.
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:36 pm

Mysterion: I'm doing the revisions. I am not the one who can finish Portals IV. :[ (But I am trying to get the completed sections cleaned up and spellchecked before release, with help for Enkeli.)

I also promise to never ever ever post a 'coming soon' on the website again. Cross my heart. Never. I mean it. :no:
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Portals IV is out. It can be purchased at https://sellfy.com/p/6Kk3 for 14.95. I will be getting it up on the official Tri Tac website real soon now.

Return to “Real Soon Now”