FW Savage Worlds?

John Reiher's ongoing Conversion of Fringeworthy to Savage Worlds.
BruceSheffer

FW Savage Worlds?

Postby BruceSheffer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:29 am

Sean Fannon who is a huge promoter of Savage Worlds and has just released his game world for the system, cornered me at Chattacon this January.  He told me that after beating his head against the wall for months trying to do his game in D20 he found Savage Worlds and had a finished product in just 2 months.  Very encouraging.  Might be a good choice for another version of the new edition.
wasahbe

Re: FW Savage Worlds?

Postby wasahbe » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Great idea!  Don't expect much help from me, though. I am trying to make the switchover to brainstorming in SW mode instead of d20, but after so many years of playing and DMing d20 the transition is proving more difficult than I expected.  Richard asks me how such and such is done and I sit and blink at him.

I'll be happy to proofread and annotate, though.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wasahbe

Savage Fringeworthy tentatively a go!

Postby wasahbe » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Richard Tucholka has put me in charge of 'Savaging Tri Tac.'

So I've contacted Shane Hensley over at Pinnacle, who says send over samples of what we already have so he can determine whether to grant us a license.  He dd, however, say the prospect was 'awesome.'  

Richard is putting together the next print run this weekend, and we will soon have that requirement out of the way.

And I have a writer lined up.  
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am

Well, as one of the original designers for the d20 version, I'd like to be part of this. If at the very least, to make some suggestions and do some of the character conversions to Savage Worlds for some of the NPCs, like the Victorians and Sayuri, Gordon, and Wei Lei.

One thing that's not covered by SW is language. We'll have to add language rules to the game.
Kedamono
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
GeneralTristan

Postby GeneralTristan » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:44 am

Being barely familiar with the updated setting (still digesting it when time permits) and utterly unfamiliar with the Savage Worlds engine, the best I can offer is service as a proofreader.
Lots of people have those "I Support the Troops" ribbons on their cars... Richard Tucholka is one of the few people I personally know that has *done* things to actually support the troops.  Rich earns a loud "Hooah!" in my book.
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:30 pm

kedamono wrote:Well, as one of the original designers for the d20 version, I'd like to be part of this. If at the very least, to make some suggestions and do some of the character conversions to Savage Worlds for some of the NPCs, like the Victorians and Sayuri, Gordon, and Wei Lei.

One thing that's not covered by SW is language. We'll have to add language rules to the game.

Sure.  I'll give Jon/John your email address on Sunday.  Want me to set up WIKI space?
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Works for me. Remember I have a "fan" conversion of Incursion going on as well. I do have some experience doing this type of conversion.
;)
Kedamono
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Let me talk to Jon, and figure out how to password protect it.  I know Richard is not happy with the idea of open editing of something he wants to be paid for.
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:45 am

Well, as soon as we get the private wiki, I have three of the NPCs converted: Sayuri, Gordon, and Wei Lei. I used the d20 Conversion guide from the Savage Heroes web site:

http://www.savageheroes.com/conversions/D20Conversion.pdf
Kedamono
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Private wiki is created.  If you want to contribute, message either kedamono or myself to get rights.
bug_out

Postby bug_out » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:23 am

Hmm, I don't know anything about Savage Worlds. I don't suppose someone could hum a few bars. :)
Craig S.
bug_out@bugzworld.com
20+ year Tri Tac gamer
Fringeworthy d20 Design Team member
wasahbe

Postby wasahbe » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:29 pm

We're going with the Explorer's Edition, which revamped a few of the rules, such as melee combat.  The core rulebook retails for less than $10.

http://www.peginc.com/games.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Worlds

http://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/

After I signed on with Tritac, I found myself too busy to optimize and tweak for d20.  I asked around and found a Savage Worlds game and found I really enjoyed it.

Then Rich decided to tag along one week to see for himself what I was babbling about.   We've been playing ever since.  (It's the first time in decades that Rich has PLAYED in a game instead of GMing.)  

It has the looseness of early D&D, but with a damage track instead of hitpoints, fewer numbers to keep track of, and no classes or class restrictions.  And the 'exploding dice' mechanic means that you can't just min-max out who can damage what how much before jumping into combat, which keeps it fresh.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Savage Tri Tac”