Savage Return

John Reiher's ongoing Conversion of Fringeworthy to Savage Worlds.
Prime Mover

Savage Return

Postby Prime Mover » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Ok let me start this post with some pre-ramble.  Many many moons ago a coworker returned from a con with a bag of games that didn't have two d's and an & in the name. Space Opera, Chivalry and Sorcery, Morrow Project and of course Fringeworthy.  By now you might realize that many moons ago might not do the timeline justice.  That summer I had some of my first exposure to "other" game systems.  This of course led down a path of wanton spending and sometime freelance writing.  As the years went on and players dictated the direction of games we played these old games slipped into my past.

Several years ago I lost many of these books from my early gaming years.  (Think Morrow Project core may have been the only survivor.)  As myself and my player group has matured over the years we've expanded our horizons, trying at least one new game a year and most recently looking back at games that got us involved in gaming.  So what does all this have to do with Fringeworthy you may ask?  Well during one of our discussions the game came up, it made an impression on me what can I say.  Unfortunately at the time this was all happening the current version was d20 and the group was leaning away from most d20 games.  So I lost out to other systems.  

This year a player brought a Savage Worlds book to my table.  If we are missing a few players at the table we usually pull out another game and run a short alt campaign.  So with a sigh and a fresh cup oh coffee we tried a session of Low Life a savage setting.  Players had fun, we had alot of laughs and while not perfect the system definetly lives up to the three F's.  Fun,Fast and Furious!  So now that everyones interested in bringing back SW to our table imagine my childlike glee when I spot mention on the Pinnacle forums of a Fringeworthy setting book for SW.  I'm eargerly awaiting this one, hoping there is a hardcopy release.  Great exposure for a great ole game and I've been linking podcasts and what little info I can find on the setting online back to our gaming groups blog.  Starting to get that kid at christmas feeling.  Really looking forward to running Fringeworthy again as it left some great memories in my gaming history and I'm looking forward to making some new ones.

Any news or tidbits about its release?
Last edited by Prime Mover on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's Mellor time!"
kedamono

Re: Savage Return

Postby kedamono » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:32 pm

As a tidbit, we're going to be introducing some new Skills, Edges and Hindrances. We'll be introducing another way to handle mental stability that meshes better with the SW way of doing things.

We'll include all the good bits of each game, and maybe some other bits too. ;D

These will be plot point books, so we'll be providing some adventures in each book so you as a GM can get a feel for how the game is supposed to flow. Plenty of sample NPCs and, of course, critters for you to encounter. I'm looking at setting the books up so that we can release a player's guide so that your players can build characters and learn about the background of each game universe but not give away any secrets.
Kedamono
Listen to the Tri Tac Podcast!
Prime Mover

Postby Prime Mover » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Will there be a complete setting book or just a series of plotpoint books?  If looking for a complete setting would it be a better idea to try out the D20 version then?
"It's Mellor time!"
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Prime Mover wrote:Will there be a complete setting book or just a series of plotpoint books?  If looking for a complete setting would it be a better idea to try out the D20 version then?

It will be a complete setting, but we're including plot points to help GMs get started. Campaign settings like Fringeworthy are a bit daunting to some GMs, so having a series of adventures to run will help introduce your players to the campaign and game system.
Kedamono
Prime Mover

Postby Prime Mover » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Ahh thank thats definitely good new's.
"It's Mellor time!"
zircher

Postby zircher » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:42 am

Since was recently mentioned on the podcast, do we have an ETA for the Savage Worlds conversion of Fringeworthy?
--
TAZ
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:20 am

Real Soon Now�

;D

We're trying to ramp up production and hopefully we'll get it out by the end of this year.

Hopefully...
Kedamono
Poor Wandering One

Postby Poor Wandering One » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:25 pm

kedamono wrote:Real Soon Now�

;D

We're trying to ramp up production and hopefully we'll get it out by the end of this year.

Hopefully...

Could I have an update on savage B13 / Fringeworthy please? I am low on good news since the election.

~will
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Poor Wandering One wrote:Could I have an update on savage B13 / Fringeworthy please? I am low on good news since the election.

~will

Hi Will! Fringeworthy is still progressing, and hopefully we'll have it ready by the end of the year. B13 will follow with some extra bits to cover the horror aspects.
Kedamono
Poor Wandering One

Postby Poor Wandering One » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Sweet!

Time to start a savage new year fund!

~will
Harsten

Postby Harsten » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 am

Any word on release date yet?  Looking forward to getting my hands on it.
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:22 pm

It's in the Real Soon Now� stage.  ;D

We're shooting for a version that can be playtested soon. We'll let everyone know when we get to that stage.
Kedamono
Harsten

Postby Harsten » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Is this still in development?  I'm still holding my breath...... :-X
kedamono

Postby kedamono » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:27 am

Still in dev mode Harsten.
Kedamono