steampunk

Projects & Other Things you have never seen!
Enkeli
Agent
Agent

steampunk

Postby Enkeli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Am I missing a game somewhere in the Tri Tac universe based on Steampunk?  I know it can be added as a feature to either B-13 or Fringeworthy if you really want to. But is there a system based completely on playing in that genre?

One of my friends tried to run a campaign entirely in Steampunk era England for a different game system and had to keep making exceptions to many of the game's rules. He is trying to find a game that was specifically based on it. He has tried World of Darkness and Shadowrun and was not so impressed.
Remember, EVERYONE is born right-handed. . . only the best overcome it!
Mysterion
Agent
Agent

Re: steampunk

Postby Mysterion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Hmmm....wouldn't be too hard to come up with a setting for it.  Basically just an alternate history sort of thing.

You just need a hook to make it stand apart from all the other steampunk stuff already out there.  Chrie Priest did it with Zombies, for example, in her Clockwork Century series of books.
"You can't have too much ammunition.  Or toilet paper." - Mysterion's First Law of Warfare
Enkeli
Agent
Agent

Postby Enkeli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:49 pm

True but I was just wondering if something already existed in the Tri Tac line that I had overlooked.

Writing the world is not so much the issue as rules to use within it for gaming itself.
Mysterion
Agent
Agent

Postby Mysterion » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:17 pm

Enkeli wrote:True but I was just wondering if something already existed in the Tri Tac line that I had overlooked.

Ah.  So.  I obviously have very little reading comprehension this morning.  :)
"You can't have too much ammunition.  Or toilet paper." - Mysterion's First Law of Warfare
Enkeli
Agent
Agent

Postby Enkeli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:25 pm

I fully understand that concept, I am fuzzy until after at least one cup of coffee has fully registered in my system.  :D

Return to “Lost Worlds of Tri Tac”