• 6 replies

Offline jayphailey

• +2/-0
  • Yes, we have no Bananas!
Hello!
« on: May 08, 2018, 05:35:12 AM »
hey, everyone!

It's Jay in Spokane

Looks like we're going to have to start adding all the new stuffs, here.
Jay in Spokane
~Meow!~

Offline Enkeli

• +3/-0
  • Agent
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »
Spreading the word that people need to come in and register for the forums is a good start. The more people that register, the more conversations can be started.

Offline Tabiani

• +2/-0
  • Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:57:24 PM »
I passed this along to the West Side Gamers crew.

I warned them there will be a test.  8) ;D

Offline ORtrail

• +6/-10
  • Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 11:58:45 PM »
It is a cleaner and bit more modern look.  A shame to lose some of those old threads though, there was a wealth of ideas I needed to steal, uh, draw inspiration from.  :)

Offline wasahbe

• +21/-23
  • Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 06:31:56 PM »
The old forums had issues that made them very difficult to administer.  They stopped working when Tri Tac changed hosting in 2014.  I had to hand sift through the coding and rename files and update file attributes, then convert from SMF to phpbbs to get a version that came up properly on the new servers.  But that broke the customized membership groups and anti-spambot  measures and turned later  security upgrades into overly complex time wasters.

Now automated background processes for registering new members work again and the administrator functions are not a kludge.  So responses to requests can be quicker and adding new features as they become available from SMF is possible again!

I hope to eventually customize the theme so it will more closely reflect the Tri Tac "look and feel."  But
that can wait until we have the core of the membership back on board and the dust of renovation has cleared.

Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in having Karma ratings turned on?

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law

Offline BigJackBrass

• +4/-0
  • Charlatan, Humbug and Imitation Humourist.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »
Speaking of which, would anyone be interested in having Karma ratings turned on?

Wouldn't hurt: sometimes there's nothing I have to add to or comment on a post, and a way to quietly show approval or appreciation would be useful.
‘If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair.’
- Samuel Johnson

Offline wasahbe

• +21/-23
  • Grand Poobah & Herder of Cats and Gribblies
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »

Wouldn't hurt: sometimes there's nothing I have to add to or comment on a post, and a way to quietly show approval or appreciation would be useful.

Done!

UPADATE:  And undone and done again when I found it turned off.   ???
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:07:07 PM by wasahbe »
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. 
--Gehm's corollary to Clark's Third Law